Facebook Twitter You tube

News

Graves County, KY – Animal Rescue Corps (ARC) assisted Kentucky’s Graves County Sheriff’s Office today in the rescue of approximately 100 dogs who were found to be living in deplorable conditions at a dog rescue organization in Wingo, KY. All of the dogs were seized by the Graves County Sheriff’s Office.

When responders arrived on the scene they found various breeds and sizes of dogs including hound mixes, Poodles, Cocker Spaniels, Maltese, Pomeranians, a Rottweiler and many other breeds running loose among piles of debris and living in crowded, dilapidated pens and small filthy cages in several buildings on the property. There were dead dogs and dog bones scattered throughout the property and dogs consuming the remains.  There were also several dog bodies found in burn piles.

“This is one of the worst cases of animal abuse I have seen,” said Animal Rescue Corps President Scotlund Haisley. “The dogs had no access to food, water, or shelter. They were eating each other to stay alive.”

This case began nearly a year ago when ARC was tipped off by an informant that a non-profit organization set up to rescue dogs was abusing them. After several months of diligent investigation evidence of cruelty was collected on the property. This included a dead dog whose necropsy revealed it had been starved to death, which is a violation of county and state cruelty laws. This evidence was brought to the Graves County Sheriff who obtained a search and seizure warrant.

“Graves County takes allegations of animal abuse very seriously,” said Sheriff Dewayne Redmon. “We did not hesitate when Animal Rescue Corps brought us the information necessary to take action.”

ARC is removing all of the animals, dead and alive, from the property and transporting them to an emergency shelter set up at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. The animals will receive veterinary exams, vaccinations and any necessary medical treatments by a team of local veterinarians. ARC will provide daily care until custody of the animals is determined and animals can be placed with shelters and rescue groups.

Animal Rescue Corps performed this rescue, dubbed Operation Sweethearts, in conjunction with Ady Gil World Conservation, who provided funds and PetSmart Charities®, who donated many of the supplies to make this rescue possible. Additional support was provided by Bowling Green Humane Society and Holistic Pet Source.

114 Responses to “ANIMAL RESCUE CORPS AND GRAVES COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE RESCUE APPROXIMATELY 100 DOGS FROM ALLEGED DOG ABUSER POSING AS A RESCUE ORGANIZATION”

1. Melinda says:

These people should be put in jail and kept there. They should never be able to have another animal in their sick life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Victoria says:

Melinda, you are so right but I would prefer to put the guilty savages under the same conditions as their victims. Sadly, they are protected by the laws. I am so angry I cannot see straight.

• Nikki says:

You are absolutely right, this sick, poor excuse for a human being is protected 100% by the law. He/she will probably simply have to pay a fine, maybe serve a little time and be on their merry way… I don’t understand why, though. Had this been done to people, it would be punished FAR more severely… it’s the SAME THING!!!

• joyce says:

i HATE puppy mills and the people who run them i have one of her dogs after he was rescued by hollie. his skin fell off in her hands and it took over six months to get him back healthy

• Ann says:

I also have one of the dogs from this place. She was a puppymill dog. She can now walk and run. Her feet are still deformed but she is no longer scared and she no longer hides.She is one of the lucky ones.

• Candi says:

Jail is too nice for the evil, heartless ******** that did this. They need the same treatment they gave and still thats not enough.

• jeff says:

they should not be allowed to have lives period….

• jaimie says:

does anyone know how to help? i cant seem to find a link or any info. I live very close to where they are being sheltered.

2. Catherine Romine says:

PLEASE TELL ME HOW i CAN HELP! I LIVE IN NASHVILLE, TN . I AM MINUTES AWAY AND WOULD LOVE TO HELP … PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!!!! lOVE AND pOOCH kISSES!!!!!!!

• Natasha Billmeyer says:

Catherine-Check out the WKRN-TV website or Facebook page. There is a list of items they need–Puppy/crate pads, blankets, towels and….for the volunteers they need snacks and drinks. Items can be delivered to the Fairgrounds (next to the Rabbit building).

• Cindy says:

The majority of the human volunteers are vegans or vegetarians, I am told; so it would be helpful if the food brought would tend toward salads and other vegan/vegetarian choices. I saw that Gatorade and other beverages are needed for the volunteers, also, since they will be working such long hours in the beginning. Money is also naturally a need, because they have had to incur bills that have to get paid pretty soon for this operation, and more are coming up for the medicines and other overhead that comes with such a large number of sick dogs that cannot be fostered quickly. Small blankets, Dog beds, and Crates to make these dogs comfortable are needed, last I heard a few hours ago.

3. jane lansing says:

I had my dog rescued from up here in nh, b/c he was too scared to go up the stairs for fear of hurting his knee again… I paid them. He is a Newfoundland (black), he is 10 years old. His name is Loki. (I am just sickened by this) I am still up in NH, and I am sure he still would have problems with the steps, but Shannon said he was doing ok.

I would love if there is any update…
    my number is 603.315.9666

Jane Lansing

• jane lansing says:

I have called the Graves County Sherrif’s Department, and they directed me to this Website. If there is a number I could reach this organization at I would appreciate it.

Again,
      My name is Jane Lansing
      I can be reached at 603.315.9666

• Pat Menaugh says:

Jane, I am also trying to locate a little dog I turned over to Shannon. I managed to find out she took a few
      dogs to her Aunt’s home in Clarksville, Tn. This was a few
      days before she found out she was in serious trouble.
      I will do my VERY best to see which dogs are at her Aunt’s
      house. I don’t have the Aunt’s name yet. I also VERY
      much want my litte dachound back, her name is Tricia. I
      live in Paducah, Ky. so Clarksville and Nashville is close
      to me.
      Pat Menaugh

4. D. J. Cecil says:

There is absolutely no excuse for a situation like this. I hope the people responsible are taken into custody and prosecuted to the very extent, highest limit allowable (unfortunately that may not be harsh enough because animal cruelty laws are not what they should be). Thank you God for people and organizations that work so tirelessly for animal protection.

5. Diana says:

I would love to help out and am also in Nashville. Please let me know how.

6. Susan Harris says:

Let’s remember this is Kentucky where animal abusers and animal killers continue to get away with their horrendous crimes. It will be interesting to see what kind of punishment this evil person is going to get. Will it be a slap on the hand? Maybe. Let’s hope that Kentucky WAKES UP and starts getting tough. That won’t happen because no one in Frankfort (our Capital) will do anything to change the laws.

• Debbie says:

Same here in TN, they can literally get away with murdering of animals here and get a slap on the wrist and no one cares, it’s disgusting and these people got the gall to call themselves christians here, I’ve never seen so much animal abuse and neglect like I have in the south, As beautiful as it is in the mid south and south, it’s disgusting the levels of abuse and mistreatment of animals. I’m not generalizing everyone here, but the levels of it are extremely high compounded with the fact that the south has the highest Killing rates in the shelters of it’s animals.Where’s the justice?

• Elizabeth says:

I am from Frankfort Kentucky, and sadly, they wont. Dog fighting is a HUGE problem in inner-cities like Louisville and in rural areas. People just get a slap on the wrist and the same thing happens over and over again. It’s disgusting.

• Tina says:

Why does it take so long to see these thigs and Do Something about it!???!!! Why do they have to suffer so long before someone steps up? Eating themselves? Why? Its a rescue or was a rescue…if you see things like starving dogs or such “Do Something!!!”

7. I’m in Nashville and minutes from the Fairgrounds. I’m ready and standing by for volunteer information!

Heartbeat at my Feet – a foster blog
    aheartbeatatmyfeet.wordpress.com
    My little old dog
    A heart-beat
    At my feet.
    ~Edith Wharton, 1920

8. Michelle Ford-Copley says:

Why on earth did it take a YEAR to remove these dogs?? I wonder how much suffering and death occurred over the last year, I can understand it taking some time but a YEAR?

“This case began nearly a year ago when ARC was tipped off by an informant that a non-profit organization set up to rescue dogs was abusing them”

This makes me absolutely SICK!

• Mary Vogt says:

Michelle, the reason some of the rescues take so much time is that there is so much that goes into one of these rescues.

First, gathering the evidence, which can take quite awhile. Then, the money must be raised. One of these rescues can cost $50,000. Then, ARC must also work with local laws and law officials. It’s not a small undertaking.

This is why it’s of the utmost importance for ARC’s members to give as generously as they can so we can continue this work.

Thank you for caring for the animals.

• L.S says:

Where is our “beloved (money grubbing) Humane Society when something like this happens? They advertise, rake in millions and use it to lobby for mandatory spaying and neutering of all dogs in all states (thus being anti dog..)? If the Humane Society National DIvision had a heart, they would donate to local shelters and rescue operations like this one. My suggestion is if you want to help – call this particular operation and send them what you can afford toward vet care, food and costs of operation and if you can, adopt an elder dog. For everyone else just reading out of curiosity PLEASE DO NOT BUY DOGS FROM UNKNOWN MILL BREEDERS! If you are not sure where you are buying from and you cant go see the dogs, or get a personal reference BUY or ADOPT locally and these sick poeple will cease to exist~!

• calvin says:

Michelle, I wonder the same thing. Seems like one citizen complaint and the Sheriff would have been all over it. Why take a year to notify the county authorities?

And Mary, I see your response but don’t think it holds water. Maybe ARC wanted to insure they got the animals instead of a county kill shelter but meanwhile how many dogs died anyway – cruelly?

• Tim Woodward says:

Calvin,

With all due respect, you simply have no idea what is involved in an investigation, LEGAL evidence collection and securing a search and seizure warrant. One complaint or even hundreds do nothing. ARC did not waste even ONE DAY once the evidence was secured and the Sheriff agreed to act. Please educate yourself before questioning or criticizing those who are succeeding where others have not.

Tim Woodward
        Director of Operations
        Animal Rescue Corps

• susan says:

I totaly agree I myself will jump to the gun I am call annie oakly,,,,but the laws do suck in this state..ARC does a wonderful job and if they did have more money they could do alot more…. think before you question….

• Natalie says:

To Tim Woodward,

ARC should check out the Animal Adoption Center
          in Union City, Tennessee.
          They had connection with Wingo, Paws and Claws.
          Some dogs taken to Wingo.
          Adoption Center may need help.

• Ashley says:

I wondered the same thing, Michelle. Mary and Tim’s responses were very helpful for those of us that truly don’t have a clue what the process is for something like this. I’m so glad there are groups out there with the knowledge and know how to carry out a rescue of this magnitude. On the other hand, I just can’t understand how a process that takes this long is acceptable. I sure wish something could be done to speed up the process and bring those poor pups to safety faster! Thank you to ARC and any other parties responsible for saving animals!

9. Adrienne says:

This is terrible. I actually know this woman from the past, and thought she was a nurse. If so and this is how she is taking care of these poor creatures, she should have her nursing license revoked.

• Karen Saucedo says:

This isn’t just KY. This is everywhere. This society has got to DEMAND from our government that laws be passed to require spay/neuter of all dogs and cats. That require people keep no more than a certain number of animals. That close down puppy mills. And, that put animal abusers in JAIL for at least three years on any animal abuse conviction. WE need to use our power to effect these changes. Until then, it will repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat……Scream it from the rooftops: Spay/Neuter, Close the Puppy Mills, JAIL the abusers.

10. michelle buzek says:

Will you beneeing volunteersagain? I volunteered with you last year when all those dogs.were rescued and placed at the fairgrounds. Please let me known, I can start this week.
    MICHELLE BUZEK

11. Pamela Brokenwolf says:

I understand it takes time to organize a rescue, but why so long… The dogs should have been taken by the county when reports first started coming in. Is there no animal welfare, SPCA, shelter in KY? This absolutely is horrendous. Some monitoring has to take place with dogs being pulled from shelters by the thousands and ending up in these hell holes.

• Patience says:

Some places that call themselves shelters are just places dogs are sent to be killed. What KY needs is a no-kill movement. And don’t count on the ‘ASPCA’ or related organizations, many of them have very high kill rates. The dogs might have started out in the county shelters and on death row. There are many many good rescue groups, but the problem is overwhelming, especially in the south where attitudes get in the way.

12. Brenda Bunn says:

Once again, ARC to the rescue. You’re all amazing and in my prayers daily. These dogs will finally know love and care for the first time in their lives. Yeah for Bowling Green HS for helping as well – they’re also amazing folks!! Great work everyone. Give those poochies a kiss for me.

13. OliversMom says:

I remember hearing about this and how sick I was that this group gave Shannon Lacewell $7000 for her work with animal rescue. So many of us have suspected this for so long and no one would do anything.

Supreme Master (or “Suma”) Ching Hai, (born 12 May 1950), is the spiritual teacher of the Quan Yin Method with an estimated 20,000 followers world wide.Ching Hai is a poet, painter, musician, self-published writer and entrepreneur who heads the Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association, a business group with worldwide interests in restaurants, fashion and jewelery design.She is known for her philanthropic and humanitarian work,[5] and has been criticised for making allegedly ostentatious displays of generosity.

After learning that the director of the Kentucky no-kill “Paws, Claws & More Animal Rescue/Transport” animal shelter needed help to buy six generators to keep the 70 rescued dogs and 30 birds warm, the team offered them US$2,000.

When Master read about these two animal shelters and the personal letter from Mrs. Chandra Davis, a volunteer at the Hornbeak Fire Department, asking for help, She immediately provided additional funds. Upon learning that Mrs. Shannon Lacewell, director of Paws, Claws & More Animal Rescue/Transport, had driven a long distance to purchase the needed generators for her shelter, Master immediately sent another US$5,000. Mrs. Shannon Lacewell was brought to tears when she received Master’s additional financial assistance and books. She said she would continue to learn more about the plant-based diet and would likely become completely vegetarian in the near future. Mrs. Davis was overjoyed to receive US$5,000 from Master on March 7 to complete her education and her dream of becoming a Nationally Certified Humane Investigator. She sends her love and sincere thanks to Master, and promises to work hard at combating animal cruelty nationwide.

Mrs. Shannon Lacewell was overwhelmed
    to receive Master’s additional financial assistant and Master’s books.

14. Tammy Lemon says:

I am looking for my dog he has been missing for about a yr and I seen the graves county rescue dogs and one of the dogs looks like him. How can I see if that was him

15. judith malone says:

What is the connection between this “rescue” and the transport of the same name. It was mentioned once, very briefly, in the article, then no more said.

16. Wanda Filidei says:

Will any of these dogs be put up for adoption?

• Bryna says:

Wanda,
      You can check out Agape Rescue in Nashville, New Leash on Life, Snooty Giggles and Bowling Green Humane Society. These are a few of the organizations who are now caring for the dogs.

17. Tracey Neal says:

I am a professional dog groomer. I would like to help with grooming some of the animals. I think I saw a shih-tzu and maybe some other long haired dogs on the news tonight. They looked pretty matted. I have tools and live minutes away. please contact me! I would be honored to help.

18. calvin says:

I don’t understand why it took a year to resolve this from the first complaint. We had a couple of hoarding cases in our county last month. It took one citizen complaint in each instance and animal control and the sheriff seized the animals in once case and in the other they were turned over voluntarily.

19. joyce says:

may this bitch rot in hell. i have one of her dogs. hollie-his rescuer, spent over six months getting him well. his skin just fell off in her hands and he is still petrified of humans. put her somewhere and do the same to her and whoever helped her do this HORRIBLE thing. i am not a hateful person, but animal abuse just brings out the worst in me.

20. Whitney says:

Broke my heart to read this article. I wish they would publish her name. Would love to pay her a visit! Sick excuse for a human being~

21. Cindy says:

too mean what they did to those poor animals!

22. Worker says:

Wow, seeing this story makes me really upset that I ever left the Kenn-Tenn Humane Society and let it merge with Paws and Claws. I worked with the organization that this is talking about for several years in the past, and never would have expected it to go this far downhill. It’s so sad to see all of the work that we all went into to get the organization started, get thrown aside in a scandal like this. Nothing deserves to be treated that way, especially creatures that just want some love and care and don’t have the ability to get it themselves.

23. Rebecca says:

What I want to know is why did it take so long for some figure of authority to come in and stop what was going wrong with this private shelter and why were there not any state, county or local regulations in place? I am not necessarily defending what this person allowed to happen, but only want to point out that it might NOT have come this this had she had proper supervision. 100 dogs is a lot of responsibility for any one person, even one with some physical assistance. We, as a humane nation can not cast all the blame on the person running this shelter. Where were the safe guards that could have prevented this from happening? Think about this before all y’all are ready to hang this woman who so obviously got in over her head.

• Bryna says:

Rebecca, you hit the nail on the head. There is NO organization, local, state or federal responsible for inspecting animal “rescue” groups – legitimate or otherwise, with or without 501 c 3s. It needs to be a national group, a national law. I think ARC would be a natural fit to be this organization. Now we just need the law. We inspect restaurants, why can’t we inspect places where living creatures are being held?

24. Adrienne says:

Will help.

25. Kimberly says:

I would love to give one of these dogs a loving home they truly deserve. I don’t know how to go about adopting one of these dogs when they are available.

• Jan Wilson says:

Kimberly, the dogs are being placed with adoption agencies.
      Agape Animal Rescue, Bowling Green Humane Society, New Leash on Life, and Snotty Giggles. Google them or their local chapters.

26. Yet again is another animal abuse story from western Kentucky. I live in Paducah, which is in western Kentucky and only 30 minutes away from Wingo where this raid took place. This is the second major abuse case coming from my area which is small compared to other areas with only a population of approximately 40,000+ residents.

The person involved in this incident has had numerous complaints filed against her with the city and county authorities for years and nothing has ever been done.

I personally have a friend who had visited this property and witnessed exactly what they are alleging, dead animal carcasses strewn everywhere, sick and dying animals, animals feeding off of dead animals to survive starvation, and many, many other horrific atrocities against animals.

Many, many thanks to Animal Rescue Corps for caring enough to get involved and help rescue these animals and get them to safety. May God bless everyone involved in this major task and thanks to you all from me and all the rescued animals and any future animals that would have suffered the same fate had this not stopped.

27. Tracey says:

I live in KY about an hour away from Wingo, and I foster for a small animal rescue based in Virginia. I typically pull small dogs from county shelters to foster and adopt to permanent homes after an in-depth application process, and I’ve pulled a few from the Mayfield/Graves County Shelter (awesome loving people there) and I’d seen the Paws n Claws dogs on Petfinder. Like most, I am heartbroken for these dogs that were saved this week, and for those that didn’t make it to be saved. I am also extremely dismayed that this “rescue” horror may make the general public wary of dealing with legitimate rescues in the future. yes, there are low-life scum who masquerade under the guise of “animal rescue” simply to make money, and have as little concern as possible for the animals…however, there are SO many wonderful, legitimate, caring and hard-working rescue organizations who put the animals first ALWAYS. I hope the media will use this opportunity to educate John Q. Public about how to discern a TRUE, reputable rescue organization from trash such as Paws n Claws.

28. christine says:

I was by there today to bring water to the volunteers. They seem to have things under control, and have plenty of volunteers. You can help by bringing blankets, towels, and CASH! There is a sign-up sheet at the door for those who wish to be considered for volunteer shifts.

29. Jackie says:

Just wondering–I read in an article that she has 3 different addresses that she is keeping dogs at as well as her daughters home. Has anyone checked on the dogs at the other addresses. This is so sad.

30. stacy taylor says:

I am interested in after the dogs are taken care of and checked. I’m new to the area and would like to adopt a pet, I saw this story and figured what a lot of thoes dogs need now is a place to rest and someone to love them. I would love to know how I can adopt one please…
    I can be reached at 7578164994

Thanks,
    Stacy Taylor

• Jan Wilson says:

Stacy I listed some of the adoption agencies that were listed by Nashville Paws above…you will need to contact them.

31. jamie lafever says:

i would like to know if and how i can give one of these dogs a home. My parents live in indiana and they had to finally put thier little dog to sleep ( she was 17 yrs old) due to bad health. Its been 2 yrs and my mom is ready for another puppy. I can come to Nashville on friday and pick up one. Im heading to Indiana on Friday also. Would be great to see at lease one of these poor dogs get a good home. I would get one for my self but i have 3 dogs 2 cats and a horse and 2 ponys. If someone can let me know what i need to do if i can even get one. That would be great. Thanks

• Bryna says:

Agape Animal Rescue, Bowling Green Humane Society, New Leash on Life, and Snooty Giggles. Google them or their local chapters.

32. Joanne Singer says:

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME???? I rescued a papillon from the ARC seizure in Warren County and brought her to Canada. In the video tape of the rescue on Valentines’ Day, there is a papillon carried by a woman at about 1:13 or 1:15 on the tape. Does anyone know where she/he is. She/he is probably at the Fairgrounds. If you can locate her/him, can you get me an intake number, pix, anything that I can use to track and identify her/him. I am thinking she may also want to become a Canadian!! Please email me at joannesinger100@gmail.com. I notice some of you are volunteering to go to the fairgrounds and help. Please keep an eye out for her/him for me. Thanks so very, very much.

33. Joe W. says:

THANK GOD someone finally stopped this woman!!!!
    We are one of her victims in CT.
    It’s scary that Ms. Lacewell is a nurse.
    Also, interesting that her daughter, recently “friended” a mortuary service & a slaughterhouse on Facebook.

34. Ginger says:

I have been doing some searching on the internet and found where a lady named Stephanie Hogan on Topix,posted a 800# to call and tell the operator you support.
    HB 517
    HB 169

To make Animal Cruelty a Felony in Kentucky. Please call people. It’s VERY simple. After you tell her the numbers and what you support she will repeat it back to you, she will ask for your name, address, phone number and county you live in, and if you have called before. That’s it!!

Take a few minutes of your time to make this call. We have to SPEAK UP for our furbabies cause they can’t speak for themselves. This is NOT just for furbabies its for our feather friends as well.

Let’s burn this 800# up!!

God Bless ARC and all the people who put their time and money in saving our animals.

• Ginger says:

Probably would help if I left the number. ;)

800-372-7181

• Ginger says:

NOTE: I posted the WRONG numbers for you to call and Make Animal Cruelty a Felony in Kentucky. The ones below are correct, after speaking with Sen. Leeper’s office this morning.

HB 273

HB 233

35. Gary says:

I read earlier that there are several volunteers that are vegans. Are there any meat eating volunteers? I have a competition bar-b-q team and catering service and would love to help feed them.

Thanks for the great work you do. Made me sick when I saw this on the news here in Nashville.

36. Andrew Lavery says:

I got my dog Bella from this group in KY and I am soooooo happy that I got her out of that HELL!! This woman deserves more than what she got. This woman is just SICK!!!!!!!!

• Joleen says:

I turned over a white bulldog to Shannon named Bella. Just curious if this is the same dog & hoping to know she is safe. Please email me back if you have any info.
      Greatly appreciated,
      Joleen

37. Shani Duncan says:

We (Nature’s Select of Middle TN) have put up a link for people to donate food to these dogs from KY! We buy the food at a discount for the rescues and DELIVER! From now until NOON on Friday, we will do a 50% MATCH on all donations at the link above!

38. Caryl says:

I have three rescue dogs currently. My first and oldest is turning 15 soon. His health is declining quickly. I’m very interested in adopting another at some point within the next 6 months. I’d appreciate info on where these dogs are placed once that information becomes available. Where will it be posted?

Thanks for all you do!

• Bryna says:

Caryl, Several organizations eagerly took these dogs into their care. Agape Animal Rescue and New Leash on Life are two of them; others are Bowling Green Humane Society and Snooty Giggles.

39. Ann Acuff says:

i am the director of middle Tennessee Sheltie Rescue. Is there anyway we can find out if any shelties were in this raid? We want to help!

40. Pamela Brokenwolf says:

Patrice I am in the south, North Carolina. We’ve seen this so many times when dogs are pulled from rescue in the south and picked up by places like this, staked out and starved to death or worse. Obviously there are fates worse then being killed in a shelter. This is one of them. Who knows, they could have also been selling to dog fighters and dog brokers. There needs to be laws where shelters have to check references before releasing to any rescue. Many already have this in place.

41. Patricia Hosick says:

Shannon Lacewell had my dog to place for me.She assured me that she only adopted out to qualified people that she takes applications on and does a background check on. I had NO idea that it was such a sham! I saw my little dog on the Tennessean News video. He is # 46. How can I retrieve my dog?? Can someone please give me some information?? I have emailed ARC and the TV stations to no avail. I thought about driving down to Nashville and seeing if I could talk to someone…

42. Pamela Brokenwolf says:

Ginger…thank you so much for all your research. The number to contact regarding HB 517 and 569 is excellent. What a wonderful resource. In NC a few months ago, a Cumberland County (NC) was trying to introduce breed specific laws which had this outcome:
    Public support is so important. I’ll put the number and information out on my social network page and KY contacts.
    Thank you as always ARC for your intervention and rescue of these beloved dogs. God bless those puppy souls who died before they could be rescued. References, references, references. I transport. I feel so devastated for legitimate rescues and transports that can be impacted and knowing that many animal control facilities do not check references or care when releasing dogs and puppies and understand more why some facilities will not allow any rescue group to pull animals period.

• Ginger says:

Pam, I’m so VERY sorry but I posted the WRONG numbers. Here are the correct ones to Make Animal Cruelty a Felony in Kentucky.

HB 233

HB 273

I called Sen. Leeper’s office this morning and these are the correct numbers. Again, I’m so sorry for the mess up. Hope you see this post, Pamela.

43. So thankful says:

I am not very far away from this hell hole. There has been numerous complaints filed about this place to local, county and state authorities. I can’t express my thanks enough for ARC coming to the rescue, you are true angles on earth. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. My concern is that she will not get what she deserves, please tell us what we can do to help.(besides calling the number listed above and dontating to ACR, both very important!) There is so much information still out there regarding this situation if people only knew who to talk to! Please give some info on that.

44. SCC says:

Patricia Hosick where did you see a list and pictures of the animals as I had 2 I let this ladies daughter adopt out when I had no choice but to surrender them and I think I seen one of mine that was suppose to have went to a loving home I was told and I so desperately want to know as I will seek justice against All involved in deceiving me as well as many who put their trust that they were being placed in happy healthy homes as well.Its a shame that people will deceive you with something so precious as a defenseless animal to let live like this to make a buck from puppies & purebreds. These people all need to be put in jail for every life they destroyed here.. 96 animals who lives and clinging to life and every one they let die so they wont have anyway possible to ever get near another animal in their lifetime

45. Patricia Hosick says:

SCC I saw the Tennessean Tv video. Google Nashville TV stations. There was a video of the dogs in the safe shelter in Nashville. It didn’t show all of the dogs but did show quite a few. This ARC site has lots of pics. The Facebook site for ARC has videos and pics also.

• Cindy Schultz says:

The dogs were all sent to shelters. However, there has been nothing said about what these shelters are going to do with these dogs. There has been nothing said about how many of the dogs were saved. There has been nothing publicized soliciting people to adopt the dogs. Too many times, these national organizations go into states and get a lot of publicity and a lot of money. Then they give the dogs to local high kill shelters that end up killing the dogs. I am very disturbed that nothing is being said about the outcome for these dogs.

• Tim Woodward says:

Cindy,

Your assertion that nothing has been said could not be more wrong. You are misinformed or making assumptions. We have announced several times on our facebook page and it has been covered in every media outlet in Tennessee where the dogs have gone. All the dogs were saved, even the ones requiring vast and expensive medical care. The dogs have been placed with 4 agencies: Agape Animal Rescue, New Leash on Life, Snooty Giggles Dog Rescue and Bowling Green Humane Society. NONE of the dogs have and NONE of the dogs will be ;put to death unless medical treatment is deemed of no further use. That would be determined not only by the agency vet, but also our contract requires that ARC Medical Director be informed, review the medical assessment and agree – otherwise we treat and reassign the animal to another organization. To be clear: there is NO humane euthanasia planned for any of these dogs. Anyone can contact these agencies for adoption – and a simple google search or search of our facebook page would have provided you with this information.

Animal Rescue Corps

46. SCC says:

Thank You Patricia I will check them out. I have googled everything I can to try and find out. I wish there was a way I could make Her daughter produce real papers and proof that they were placed in loving homes as she claims. All this time I had been staying in contact with her and always she said they were doing great as she knew just how hard it was on me to give them up. I will stop at nothing now to find my 2 babies and hopefully get them back where they belong and make all who referred me to her and “act” like they had nothing to do with Paws and Claws pay.. as I stated over and over I did not want my animals no where near this place and this girl was even told this and she NEVER said she was Lacewells daughter and about 2 months after I found out she was her daughter and I have been livid since and searching but now I will stop at nothing to find them and pray the are safe and happy or bring them back home.

47. Amanda says:

Does anyone know if the volunteers are still at the Nashville Fairgrounds? I would like to take them some food.

48. Patti Stewart says:

I saw on the news that most of the animals have been sent to shelters for adoptions. Do you have a list of those?

49. Jan says:

My parents lives near Kentucky and Tennessee line. Their JackRussell dog got missing from the front yard. They have been searching for him everywhere. How can we find out if their dog might have been one that was rescued?

50. Patricia Hosick says:

When is the next BARC training closest to the Paducah, Ky area? My daughter is wanting to get the training and become a volunteer. I was able to reclaim my dog,Dusty, from the Bowling Green Humane Society after he was rescued from Wingo. I am eternally grateful for all the help I received from ARC and Lori at BGWCHS. He is getting stronger and eating well. Hopefully, he will be back to his normal self soon! Again, thank you.

51. Angie says:

I am just wondering if there is anyone who is missing a Shetland Sheepdog (sheltie) and thinks it could have possibly ended up at this place….
    I rescued one from there and is so sweet and house trained

52. Pamela Brokenwolf says:

Thank you Tim, ARC team. I have been contributing and hope my finances will increase so I can do more. I have 8 dogs now and on my own. I am spreading the word for ARC as I always do and asking for donations. I’ve been following Scotlund for a long time. Would follow him and his work to the end of this sweet earth if my 60 years on it would allow me. Thinking of you all and the beloved animals in your care 24/7.

53. Angie B says:

Are there pics of each dog taken from this place? The old animal control officer where I live took my sisters dog bc she had to move and said she had a rescue that was going to take her in and the aco had dealings with this evil woman!! Can someone plz help me!?!?!!! She was about 15-16in from the ground to her shoulders, mostly black with markings like a husky and one blue eye and one brown, short fur and very playful.

54. jim woodward says:

my four year old golden retriever was kidnapped almost a year ago in dickson. she had to have been taken a long way away or she would have come home as soon as she could.
    is it possible that she was there? she is spayed.

• Ginger says:

Jim,

This wouldn’t be your dog cause its in the McCracken County Animal Shelter in Paducah, Ky. I read your post and seen that you were looking for a golden retriever. They have one that desperately needs a home. They are filled up. I don’t know if its a male or female, but it appears to be full grown. Check out the pictures of this beautiful retriever on facebook.com/paws4acausepaducah

55. [...] ONG que abrigava cães – supostamente para os ajudar. Na ação conjunta com a organização Animal Rescue Corps (ARC), foram encontrados e socorridos cerca de 100 cães de várias raças, em condições [...]

56. Jennifer and Andy says:

Thank you so much ARC! Since seeing what we thought was one of our two dogs that went missing last Feb. in your rescue at Wingo on the news. We have been reunited with our Buddy. Its a miracle that we are back together after all this time. Also bittersweet because we are still missing our female lab named Lucy. We pray that she is safe and was not a part of that horrible, horrible place. Thanks again to you and all of your team.

57. mary says:

Was there any blue heelers? Missing a male and female

58. Mary Mason says:

There is a way we can all help, donate what you can to ARC.
    AND, work to change the laws so that these people, animal abusers etc will have to face much harsher sentences than the little fine & slap on the hand that most get.
    Find out who your local, state & government officials are and contact them with your concerns. Not just once, but we need to inundate the government officials that can change the laws to really punish these horrible people.
    Secondly, as many states are trying to, strict rules & regulations for owners & breeders must be implemented and they must have more people to inspect & honestly report conditions.
    I really believe that many of the USDA inspectors for these puppy mills, must have been paid to not report some of what they have seen. And, there are just not enough inspectors out there to help in stopping the abuse that is rampant in our country.
    Some organizations say that the government is trying to put an end to animal ownership, but that is not true. They are trying to pass bills for more humane treatment, but, alas they are not strict enough.
    As for breeders…. there are good breeders out there. They love their breed and work to improve the breed, so that people can have the kind of dog they want. They love their dogs and it shows in the care they provide them. And, they are careful about who they allow to get one of their precious puppies.
    But, alas, what often starts out with good intentions can go way off track when these breeders realize how much it takes to keep & raise these nice babies and the adult dogs. A good, honest breeder does not make a lot of money, if they do it right. You can be in the “red” before you know it.
    Then they go off the path, thinking that having more breeding dogs will be the answer, but, alas, these poor dogs become what is called “Prisoners of Greed” and it gets bad.
    Having, say 20 dogs is a lot of work, if you do it right. And there are Vet bills, emergency C-sections etc that most do not foresee
    There has got to be more regulation and people to be alert to what is going on around them. If you see a bad situation… report it, watch it & report til something is done. Call the police if that’s what it takes to stop an abuse.
    But, taking the time to bug your state representives and back the ones that support better conditions for animals, is very important.
    No one should be allowed to have more animals than they can properly care for & really love.
    I will do my best to help in anyway I can. I hope you will too.

59. x-volunteer says:

Can anyone tell me where these dogs will be when they become available. I adopted 2 dogs from shannon over a yr ago as well as volunteered when her organization had adoption events in the northeast and spent several thousands on foster dogs while in my care. I am intrested in the blk & wht female in the slide photos. She had med lenght fur and babies with her. I am so overjoyed shannon finally got caught, the dogs she transported up here were not in the best of health. I hope she has an even larger fine and does a loooong jail term and i hope the shelter her daughter runs is inveatigated as well. Kudos ARC for your diligence and for saving as many souls as you did. shannon is a very mean spirited person and knows how to skip around the rules. she was a hard one to catch, she always acted just within the boundries of the law. hip hip horay for the arc!!!

60. Ashley says:

hello
    i was told to contact you by my local shelter about possibly finding my dog thats been lost for several months.I can send you a picture.He was a husky mix.I think he was stolen out of my yard.He is atleast 2 or 3 years old

61. [...] those of you who haven’t followed Operation Sweethearts by the Animal Rescue Corps, nearly 100 starving, sick, and dehydrated dogs were liberated from [...]

62. adarsh says:

Why would a rescue organization abuse dogs ? What kind of pleasure can they get by abusing dogs. I am so happy that the remaining dogs could be rescued. I watched the video of the rescue. I am still curious as to how this neglect occured.

63. Excellent work, a number of pretty logical tips! I appreciate you writing this post and the rest of your web-site is amazing!

64. Hi there I am so grateful I found your webpage, I really found
    you by mistake, while I was searching on Yahoo
    for something else, Anyways I am here now
    and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the
    minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read
    a great deal more, Please do keep up the superb b.

65. Ginger says:

I found out some more information on this Shannon Lacewell (animal abuser). Read what people are saying about her and her daughter. Someone also posted some addresses where she kept animals.