ANIMAL RESCUE CORPS ASSISTS IN TORNADO-RAVAGED GUTHRIE, OKLAHOMA
Guthrie, OK – Animal Recue Corps (ARC) has deployed to Guthrie, Oklahoma to assist the Guthrie Animal Shelter after their facilities were destroyed in one of the tornadoes that ripped through the state on Tuesday, May 24. Sixty-three animals consisting of approximately 33 dogs and 30 cats were displaced after the building housing them was demolished in the storm.
“I’m in shock after losing my building, and now in the outpouring of support I have received,” said Guthrie Animal Shelter Superintendant Suzy Brown. “We are so grateful to Animal Rescue Corps for their assistance and can’t believe an organization like theirs exists. It is our commitment to care for these animals and ARC is helping us do that in this extraordinary situation.”
Initially four animals went missing, but were later found. All animals are now safe and are being relocated to rescue groups both in the area and outside the state until Guthrie’s shelter can be rebuilt. ARC is transporting 15 dogs and 25 cats to shelters outside of the areas affected where they will be cared for until they find homes and will be assisting Guthrie in any other way possible.
“This is exactly why Animal Rescue Corps was founded, and it is our distinct privilege to assist Guthrie Animal Shelter. I am in awe of the compassion, communication and dedication exhibited by their leadership and volunteers during this time of emergency,” said ARC President Scotlund Haisley. “We will be visiting other areas affected by the tornado and offering our services to those in need.”
ARC is placing the transported animals with Kansas Humane Society in Wichita, KS and Foothills Animal Shelter in Golden, CO.
May 27, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Animal Rescue Corps
1380 Monroe St. NW #326
Washington, DC 20010
Leave a Reply
Subscribe to ARC Blog
- Catherine Romine on REWARD OFFERED FOR INFORMATION IN MADISON HORSE SHOOTING
- Randy on ANIMAL RESCUE CORPS HELPS MORE THAN 100 HOMELESS ANIMALS FROM CALIFORNIA FIND HOMES THROUGH CANADIAN MARITIME RESCUES
- Birgit Harvey on CHARGES FILED AND ARRESTS MADE IN OPERATION BROKEN CHAIN DOG FIGHTING CASE
- Pablo on ANIMAL RESCUE CORPS ASSISTS THE CITY OF PALM SPRINGS WITH THE REMOVAL OF 15 DOGS FROM LOCAL RESIDENCE
- shelley boisvenue on ANIMAL RESCUE CORPS ASSISTS THE FRIENDS OF PALM SPRINGS ANIMAL SHELTER WITH THE PLACEMENT OF APPROXIMATELY 100 HOMELESS ANIMALS